Plantation shutters are an attractive window treatment. While they are not cheap there are a number of reasons to choose them over curtains and blinds. Shutters have a clean look to them, look amazing in every room and are quite appealing. In addition, many home buyers find shutters a plus when comparing potential homes which can make your investment pay off in the long run.
- Aesthetics. Shutter Blinds are attractive. They come in a variety of sizes,finishes and woods. As an interior design choice, you can’t go. They fit in with just about any décor and offer a clean, look throughout the home.
- Privacy.Interior shutters can be adjusted to let the light flow in, yet keep prying eyes out. This allows you to have privacy as well as light. If you angle them in such a manner, you can even see out, but others won’t be able to see in.
- Ventilation.Want to let the fresh air inside yet maintain your privacy? Not only can you adjust the plantation shutters for maximum privacy and control the light coming in, you can open up the windows, let the air flow in, and then adjust the shutters for maximum ventilation – all without compromising your privacy. While blinds may rattle with your windows open, this does not happen with Shutters. Shutters are the ideal choice because they make no noise.
- Durability.Custom made Plantation Shutters are durable and built to last. In addition, most shutters come with some type of warranty. Because you won’t need to replace your shutters every few years, your initial investment will pay off over time. If you figure the cost of your shutters on a yearly basis, you may find that they are less expensive over the years than having to replace window blinds and curtains.
- Easy to clean.Shutters are virtually maintenance-free. Use a damp cloth from time to time and wipe off the dirt, dust, and grime. In addition, you don’t need to take them down in order to clean them as you would with other types of window coverings. A quick wipe down is all you need. The shutters have a larger surface area than blinds making them much easier to clean.
- Energy savings.Shutters are excellent insulators as well as perfect for deflecting sunlight. Your energy bills will be lower when you have shutters installed.In the winter, the shutters provide an added layer of insulation. During the summer, you can adjust the shutters to deflect the sunshine so the rooms don’t heat up.
- Plantation shutters can help preserve the life of furniture and carpets.You can leave the shutters in the up or semi-closed position to direct the sunlight away from furniture and carpets. The UV rays of the sun cause materials to fade over time, which significantly affects their attractiveness and useful lifespan. In addition to fading, fabrics can degrade. By keeping your furniture shaded, it will last longer and remain attractive and durable for years to come.
- HRI Scheme. This scheme provides a tax credit at 13.5% for homeowners on repair, renovation or improvement work to your home. Plantation Shutters qualify as a renovation and are therefore covered under the incentive. Any customers hoping to avail of this scheme need to be compliant with their local property tax obligations and pay income tax in either PAYE or self-assessed form.
Good looks, light control, style, durability, energy savings are a few good reasons to consider interior shutters. While installing plantation shutters in your home can be expensive, your furniture will last longer and you won’t have to replace worn out curtains or blinds. Your energy bill will also go down thanks to the insulation that shutters provide as well as the greater control you have over sunlight streaming in. In addition, potential home buyers will find your house appealing thanks to the clean and attractive look shutters provide.